HomeWelcomeOur storyOur Faculty
Academic Program/About IBAll categories
- Categories:Academic Program
- Time of issue:2020-09-21 11:59:10
What is an IB education?
The IB continuum of international education for 3 to 19 year olds isunique because of its academic and personal rigour. We challenge students to excel in their studies and in their personal growth. Weaim to inspire a quest for learning throughout life that is marked byenthusiasm and empathy.
The IB aspires to help schools develop well-rounded students with character who respond to challenges with optimism and an openmind, are confident in their own identities, make ethical decisions,join with others in celebrating our common humanity and areprepared to apply what they learn in real-world, complex andunpredictable situations.
The IB offers high-quality programmes of international educationthat share a powerful vision. Informed by the values described inthe learner profile, an IB education:
● focuses on learners - the IB’s student-centred programmes promote healthy relationships, ethical responsibility and personal challenge
● develops effective approaches to teaching and learning - IBprogrammes help students to develop the attitudes and skillsthey need for both academic and personal success
● works within global contexts - IB programmes increase understanding of languages and cultures, and explore globally significant ideas and issues
● explores significant content - IB programmes offer a curriculumthat is broad and balanced, conceptual and connected.
IB learners strive to become inquirers, knowledgeable,thinkers,communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers,balanced, and reflective. These attributes represent a broad rangeof human capacities and responsibilities that go beyond intellectualdevelopment and academic success.
Scan the QR code to read on your phone